Love the Unlovable

Love the Unlovable
Sometimes it is hard to love others because they hurt us, betray us, and treat us as if we are nothing but puppets for their use, and over the years of my life I have grown to understand that our selfish natures cause us to do harm to even those we confess to care for.
Nevertheless, God wants us to love everyone even the unlovable. When we give out a little love and kindness it can change a negative situation into one that provides pleasure and benefits to both parties. Love spreads like a deadly virus, its  contagion and can change the lives of masses of people, and it only requires one small act of it.
So try to love, who knows what life will be changed just because we freely give out a smile, wave, or overlook the harshness of another.
I found a poem by Mother Teresa that I would like to share, it says so much in such a few words.
People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.
Mother Teresa
 
1 Corinthians 13:1-8 (NKJV) Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.
4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never fails.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When God Seems Distant

Pardoned of Offenses

Jawbreakers and God's Love