The Passing of Time


The Passing of Time
Hello friends, my days have been very tiring. Mostly mentally, because I am so busy with writing, blogging, and working, but happily, I must confess, that I see the blessings of God manifesting in all areas of my life. My hubby and I purchased a piece of property, my books are awesome, and although my focus is on writing, I have been offered an advancement in my job. All these things seemed to come quickly, which leads me to believe that I am heading into another chapter of my life. The Passing of Time.
“Why do things change?” I asked the Holy Spirit during my spiritual meditation, and he reminded me of the seasons.
Life is similar to the cycles of nature I believe, and just as the seasons change so does part of our life. Spring, summer, fall, and winter; just as our outside environment changes, so does our lives experience its seasons of change. However, God is with us carrying us through each season helping us to endure. He is there during the bright sunny days when smiles cover our face, and too throughout the dark, cold times, wiping away our tears.
Honestly, sometimes I wish things did not change, and although the phases I have been through lately had their own hidden beauty, and I know this one has a veiled blessing as well, it is sometimes hard to leave the old times behind. But I have grown to understand, if I can release the former life that I am hanging onto, and trust God to direct this new phase in my life, the changes occurring will always work out for my best.
Another thing, sometimes stuff and people, need to be taken out of my life, no matter how hard it seems to let them go because God has something much better for me. If I continue holding on to that substandard thing, there is no room to receive the blessing He has waiting for me.
His word says, in Philippians 4: 6-8 (KJV) 6 “Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.”
When I find myself entering another season of my life, I find it necessary to meditate on God’s word; this helps to remove negative thoughts of fear, hopelessness, and discouragement. I read the Bible to hear from God and know his word, but also because it occupies my mind with lives of the heroines and heroes. As I read the stories, I can see images of the people and the places, as if reading any other book, and the Bible comes alive to me increasing my love for and trust in God, making my concerns appear less relevant.
Side point, did you know the Bible has stories of love, romance, courage, wealth, wars, witchcraft, magic, and others; a multitude of genres within one book? It has thrillers, spiritual, fantasy, women’s, romance, mystery, and even parts that are scary.
Finally, when going through your change in season, lean on these words from the Bible.
“I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me,” Philippians 4:13.
I glorify God because I know that as I proceed through this new chapter in my life, there is a blessing waiting for me. It may not come tomorrow, next week, or even next month, but if I am patient, and continue trusting God, I will see it manifest.
James 1:4 (KJV) “But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When God Seems Distant

Pardoned of Offenses

Jawbreakers and God's Love