I feel bad sometimes



I feel bad sometimes

While attending bible studies this week, as we all were talking and sharing our thoughts, one young man says,” I am learning to trust God and I pray for my mother all the time.” Everything is going well and his spirits appear lifted, but in a moment, all of that changes, he sadly remarks, “I feel bad sometimes.” This statement sort of throws the whole group off. Where does it come from? What is he thinking now, he was giving such an uplifting testimony only seconds ago? A surprise rushing over us, our faces display expression of confusions, and no longer do we nod our heads in support of his speech. A silence fills the room.
At that very moment, I wonder if something awful surfaced in his psyche. Is there some severe stressor he is battling against in his mind at this moment which requires all of his resilience in order to maintain some degree of normality? The young man never says what makes him feel bad, only stops talking and stares outward, seeing nothing I suspected; lost in his own thoughts. Seconds later, we  start to pour words of encouragement towards him. “God loves you, it will be alright, study the word, have faith, etc. Words which on the surface appear shallow attempts to make him feel better so we can go on with the good feelings we had only moments ago.  Nevertheless, in reality, these are all the communications he needs when they are couples with God’s love.
Of course, being a thinker this makes me start to reflect on feeling bad. We all feel bad at times, and sometimes the emotional lows are too much for us to handle, causing suicides rates to skyrocket among the famous, and also not so famous. Some of the more fortunate of us, and those with medical coverage spend thousands of dollars yearly taking pills, tablets which claim to make us feel better, and give us a brighter day. But in reality the little tyrant’s only fog our mind, and numb our precious emotional sensors which make us human, leaving us psychologically detached zombies.
How would you know?” some may ask. I know because I was held hostage by anti-depressants for years and suffered from their mind debilitating effects, until I received the courage, given to me by the precious Holy Spirit,”  to get off of them. So yes, I had my experiences of feeling bad sometimes, really, really bad, so much so, there was comfort in the despair. Today, however, when I feel bad, I look to God and supernaturally His love and warmth embraces me dispelling the bad sentiments attacking me. Scriptures of his love and grace flood my mind.
John 14:27 (KJV) Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Jesus says he left me His peace. No worry should come into my thoughts because He watches over me and helps me through all my trials. When the peace of God comes, I start to meditate upon His word and considerations of His goodness, peace, and hope fill my psyche. These positive conceptions leave no place for the bad ones to occupy, and over time faith arises within in me. The bad feeling no longer dominate me, and the more I push them way, the stronger my belief in God supplying an answer for me arises. Eventually my quandary is solved, and sometimes, if not most of the time, the answers are not at all how I expected.
Proverbs 3:5-6 (KJV) Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him,
and he shall direct thy paths.
Bad feeling, whether felt because of our own actions, the hurts of others, or just disappointments in life, come and their incessant nagging drains the strength out of even the most determined harsh minds. God knows we all have bad feeling, he put them within our soul to help us live in love with one another. Sometimes we need to feel bad, it cleanses and opens understanding of our actions; nevertheless, with the fall of the earth, like everything else, our emotions are corrupt and bad feeling can hurt instead of heal. Taking this in consideration, God includes sanctuary from the negative conceptions flooding our mind through the gift of Christ. We are not to worry or let bad feeling dominate our mind, He told us to trust.
2 Samuel 22:3 (KJV) 3 The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.
There is nothing earthly too hard for God, and although others may doubt, when we hold frim to our beliefs, God will move around masses  of people to help us. I want to leave psalm 91 as a reminder of God’s great love for you.

Psalms 91 (KJV)
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High
shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress:
my God; in him will I trust.
3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler,
and from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers,
and under his wings shalt thou trust:
his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night;
nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness;
nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7 A thousand shall fall at thy side,
and ten thousand at thy right hand;
but it shall not come nigh thee.
8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold
and see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge,
even the most High, thy habitation;
10 There shall no evil befall thee,
neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee,
to keep thee in all thy ways.
12 They shall bear thee up in their hands,
lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder:
the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him:
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him, and honour him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him,
and shew him my salvation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When God Seems Distant

Pardoned of Offenses

The Awesomeness of God