A Jesus Christmas
We have snow in Vancouver, and it is awesome and breathtaking, but I tell you it takes a lot of courage and faith to drive on those roads. Poor distracted drivers are one of pet peeves because they don't seem to understand the power they have when they wield that big pile of metal. Working part time in insurance, I know there has been a lot of accidents on the road since it started snowing, just because people in the area aren’t prepared for snow and are careless driving too fast attempting to make the same maneuvers they did when the roads were dry.
Oh, yes you see them talking on their cell phones, when it is illegal to do so, driving cars with bald tires, and sometimes putting on makeup. They don't seem to conceptualize that one sudden change in the flow of traffic such as the car slowing in front of them, could lead to deadly situations on the icy roads. These people are noticeably unprepared for any sudden changes and,
like most people, they trust that life will continue regardless of what they do. However, working in the industry, I know this is not the case, so many planned to be home in a few minutes, trusting their lives would continue as normal but never reach their destination.
Out of the mouth of Jesus, he said, Mat 25:1-13 “Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. 2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: 4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. 6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. 7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. 9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. 10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. 11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. 12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.”
I always write about faith and hope in God, but there is one thing that is more important than that, and it is Jesus. Because it is December, and most people are celebrating Christmas, it is proper that he be the center of life this month. He is the only reason that we started celebrating this special day, although that seems to be forgotten. Jesus, to us that love him, is also the only way we can believe and trust in God and His mercy, grace, and compassion. Jesus opened the doorway so that the blessing of God could liberally flow out upon us, even more so than those that God supplied in the Old Testament.
Now back to my story, people that inattentively drive on the snow, and on good conditions are like the ten virgins, they are not prepared and always expect they will have time; however sometimes that is not the case. Like the ten virgins, I personally know people that are not ready for an afterlife, and this does not include those that do not believe but confess there is a God. “I will live now, and when I get old, I will come to God,” I have heard some say because they expect life to continue on, but for some this will not be the case.
Do not wait, like these, realize there is so much life in God, and freedom to live, have riches, love, and wonderful times if you accept the beautiful gift of God, His precious son Jesus.
Mat 13:22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
Although life is beating them down, whether mentally, physically, broke, or sick they continue in their ways allowing the whims of this world to dictate their beliefs. An acquaintance of mine, really in a sad situation, does not know how pitiful she is. Her daughter, recently raped, she is struggling with trying to understand this, while at the same time healing from the bruises she receives from beatings the man that she thinks loves her gives her. Her care is money and lost in her love of it, she allows the loss of her dignity and maybe one day the loss of her life. She does not understand that she can be free and find her own worth, make her own money, and gain liberty from the pains of his punches, if she allows God to give her strength.
Caught in the web of lies the world offered, myself, I succumbed to ways of the world to survive. Oh, I had the money I needed and more, but terrible relationships, terrible people around me, and a hopeless that beyond being low seemed to be my lot in life. But I decided to follow God, and now I can tell you of God and His great love and mercy and plead with you to accept Jesus into your heart. He helped me, and I know He will help you too. As his word told me, God healed my heart, put a dream in it, and gave me a caring companion. He is real, and He is alive.
I know a lot of people visit my blog, some may think I am crazy, boring, or just not interested in the things I talk about, but for those that come because my words help them in some way, I want to share Jesus with you in this post.
1Jn 3:16-18 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When God Seems Distant

Pardoned of Offenses

Jawbreakers and God's Love