My Christmas Story




MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

My Christmas Story - My Hea
venly Father was Always There
I am not going to tell you a Christmas story today, but I want to tell about the goodness of God, through the belief in Jesus; the reason I believe there is a Christmas. For many years now, regardless of what is happening, I feel the love of God because I allow it, and trust in his son. Therefore, for me, that is the true meaning of Christmas. God sent his only son to die for me, and you, so that we could go to God the Father.
John 3:16-18 (ESV) 16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but so that the world might be saved through him.”
As a child, I believed in Jesus. Like many others from the small town in Florida that I grew up in, I attended church faithfully on Sunday morning. I attended church because of the fear of God; I did not want him to strike me down like the church people said he would. There was never any respect there for him as a lovingly heavenly father, and church was just another boring chore that I was required to do on Sunday. Nevertheless, the group of kids that I always walked to church with got our justice. Along the way, we always stopped and spent our offering money at a local store on candy; saving a nickel to put in the collection plate.
Over the years, even the fear of God began to wane, and the world took over. Life was just so exciting I had no time for church or the things God expected of me. I never forgot about him; I just kept him tucked way back in the shadows of my mind. However, when I was in trouble I always called on him; and you know what, now that I look back, I realize he always answered. My heavenly father was always there. Hebrews 13:5 (ESV) tell me, “…..Hebrews 13:5 (ESV) for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Young and reckless, I loved to drive; most of the time I drove a sports car and still do. On this particular occasion, I drove a MR2, which was Toyota’s two-seater car many years ago; it was the second year the company made the car; now they no longer make it. Lol, now I will date myself. Anyway, a friend and I were out for a drive, and like always I was very impatient for the light to turn green. A semi-truck with a trailer behind it was directly in front of me, and I sat behind it preparing to make my left turn.
The light changed to green, and all was going well, as I pulled off to make my turn; the cars in the left most turn lane were lagging behind so I decided to cut in front of them and speed ahead. As I pulled from behind the truck and proceeded forward, I noticed that the tractor of the semi-truck was pulling into the left lane. A moment later, the rear inside wheel of the trailer was straddling my vehicle. My car was beneath it, and I could actually touch its metal bottom. I stopped unsure what to do or how to get out of the situation, but to my luck, the truck stopped. I looked forward to seeing the driver shaking his head in unbelief at my foolishness. Embarrassed, I had to pull into the medium to get from under the trailer; I speed off leaving my senselessness behind me. “You were stupid,” my bother afterward told me, “those trucks need to make wide turns, and they need a lot of time to stop.” These words I will always remember; I did not know at that time trucks with long trailers needed to make wide turns.
Was it luck? Now I understand it was not luck, God was there watching me, sending his angels to protect me, even in my stupidity. The tires on the trailer were larger than my vehicle, it could have rolled over my tiny care and smashed it; killing both my friend and me. Over the years, I now know, God always stayed with me, watching over me. What is wonderful is that there is nothing special about me; he is watching over you too. I am sure that there are so many others that read this have the same confession; and for others, if you have accepted Jesus, just meditate on some of the circumstances that have occurred in your life, and I am sure you will find out God was there protecting and keeping you too. You might have gotten jobs you were not qualified for, dangerous situations got resolved quickly, money came you did not expect, or maybe your body was healed. Just think about how it happened; it could be possible it was God, which nudged the situation to your favor.
For the last couple of years of my life, Christmas has been constant, and my gifts awesome. For that, I give the glory to God. Of course, it has not all been perfect, and there have been hard times, but in the end, it has always worked itself out better than I expected. So I encourage everyone reading this to look at the things God has done for you over the years; even the small things, it helps your faith to grow. I know for some, horrible things have happened; but still, I believe things could have been worse if you did not have Jesus. For those that don’t know Jesus, this is the time to know him. I have posted his story from the Bible under “The Christmas Story,” please read it; it will help you. God loves us all, Acts 10:34-35 (KJV) says, “Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth, I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: 35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
Merry Christmas to every one that celebrates and to the others, I wish you great blessing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When God Seems Distant

Pardoned of Offenses

Jawbreakers and God's Love