The Awesomeness of God





The Awesomeness of God
I don’t even know if awesomeness is a real word, but I love the way it sounds, so I am going to use it. I searched the web for awesomeness and found this cute puppy, above, and wanted to share its awesome cuteness with you.
However, actually, I wanted to talk about the awesomeness of God, and how even in his strength and sternness, he loves me. Sometimes when I read the bible, it seems like one section contradicts the other, and in particular, it confuses me when I read scriptures like Roman 9:10-18 (ESV),
“Though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad—in order that God's purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of him who calls— she was told, “The older will serve the younger.” As it is written, “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.” What shall we say then? Is there injustice on God's part? By no means! For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy. For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I might show my power in you, and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.” So then he has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens Then I become confused because I believe that the God in his awesomeness loves us all and Jesus died for us all.”
Ok, now I became confused and asked myself “Does God set some people to be bad?” Guess what I found out when I looked back at my life; I realize that God is the awesomest. When Jesus died on the cross for me, and everyone else, I believe, he gave me the chance to wallow in his love.
God loved Joseph because he knew the heart of Joseph, he might have been a trickster, but his heart accepted God. Moreover, the beauty of the story is that God knows my heart too, as he knows yours, a heart that will allow him in. Even though I am not perfect, or whom people feel I should be, God knows how awesome I am, and he is helping me grow even more awesomer; he will help you too.
In a local newspaper, they have a section, mostly those looking for dates, where individuals make connections with each other’s from brief moments of interaction; sitting across from them on the train, glancing at each other while shopping, the hots for the cashier at the local supermarket, that kind of stuff. The person feeling the connection then places a small blurb in the paper about seeing the other one, continuing to confess to the person, how much they adore the dream, their minds have created about them. I often read the articles because some of them are interesting; another topic entirely, I wonder why so many people cannot communicate face to face easily, as we once did. I do not support or reject the articles; evidently, some people have made real connections from it. I only use them to point out that, we think that we blend into the mess around us, but that is not true, people do notice us.
If people notice me, God, who by the Holy Spirit lives in my spirit, definitely sees me and follows me around watching out for me. People may not say anything to me, (for whatever psychological label the world has contributed to our lack of communication), but God is not like that. He wants to tell me he is there with me all the time.

Ok, then I think about the pharaoh and Esau; God knew their hearts too. He was aware that the Pharaoh would hold on to his pride, so he used his stubbornness to show his glory and strength so that his people would trust him. God never made the pharaoh behave as he did; he only used his behaviors to defeat him. Years ago, I reached an intersection in my life and decided to follow God. However, my free will continue to come into play, and I did not always, or do I now, stay on the path God has set for me precisely. I find myself four wheeling a lot of time, and it is not that much fun.Not as much today as before, thank God. Did God cause accidents to hurt me, make me lose things and people, or even cause me to hurt others? Now when I look back, I will have to say no. Even if I buried it deep, there was always something pulling at me. There is always a choice, either mentally or physically but when I make the wrong one, he gently leads me back, now that I allow him to.
God is good for to those that love him; I know because he has been there for me and for so many others I know; he will be there for you as well. John 10:6-11 says, “This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them. Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door: by me, if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When God Seems Distant

A Love Beyond Our Understanding